Find your Event
A PRACTICAL TAX BRUSH-UP FOR RETURNERS - Live online course.
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£110+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £61.67+VAT per place). Please note: concessions on the standard fee for this course and the audit and accounting technical ‘brush-up’ are available for delegates not currently in work. For details phone 01737 223999
This annual course is designed for accountants returning to the professional workplace after a career break, providing an overview of the principles of PAYE and NIC, VAT and corporation tax. It will give the delegates the confidence required to say "I can do that" when returning to the workplace. The basic principles of the three topics will be covered, most of which will already have been learnt and understood by delegates but which may not have been used for some time. The course will cover the more practical aspects of each subject area.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Returners to the professional workplace, and "old stagers", who may be dealing with payroll, VAT returns and corporation tax computation work and who need to be brought up to date.
- A review of RTI, PAYE and NIC procedures
- Update on tax rates, tax bands, NI thresholds and NI rates 2020/21
- Statutory payments update – SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP and shared parental pay
- An update on benefits and expenses following recent changes
- Basic corporation tax computation and the disallowed items
- Capital allowances update, loss relief and R&D tax credit
- VAT, the registration and deregistration point, use of VAT schemes, MTD and VAT and the common pitfalls on reclaiming VAT
This course will be available live online. You will be emailed the link to join two days before the course date.