Find your Event
HOT TOPICS IN PROCEDURES, PI TIME BOMBS, REGULATION AND RISK IN THE TAX ENGAGEMENT - Live Online Course.
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£110+VAT. (Click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £61.67+VAT per place)
Recent Finance Acts have not only increased the complexity of the tax engagement, they have dramatically increased HMRC’s powers, massively changing the landscape in our relationship with both HMRC itself and with our clients. This combined with our clients restricted cash flow means that in this increasingly litigious age, anybody involved in tax could be on the receiving end of a claim.
The course will look at equipping participants with a refresher on how we should be reacting to this world of increasing complexity and, if we don’t, an understanding of the world of PI, how claims arise, procedures to be adopted and, just as importantly, ways of reducing the chances of them arising in the first place.
The course also needs to outline some of the myriad of complex rules governing what we can or cannot do as accountants. When Bob joined MHA MacIntyre Hudson, he became involved in a PI claim that took years and years to sort out. Since then, he has become devoted to trying to stop accountants from falling into bear traps when dealing with the tax affairs of their clients. Recently, he has been approached by several of the larger players in the PI market to amplify the facts that tax claims are the most likely claims for accountants to be caught over and the numbers are going through the roof!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course builds on Bob’s experience in this complex area and is aimed at not just tax practitioners but, particularly, all general Partners and staff dealing with any client’s tax affairs.
- A refresher on Regulatory problems such as the Criminal Finances Act, Reserved Activities which all can hit the complexities of giving tax advice and compliance!
- How are we doing on DPB activities – are the QAD interested?
- Where are we on PCRT?
- How does it affect the tax planning you offer your clients – what would QAD be looking for?
- How are we adapting (or have we) to a digital age?
- An introduction to PI and risk management
- A selection of case studies that look at where things have gone wrong in areas such as
This course will be available live online. You will be emailed the link to join two days before the course date.