Find your Event
CHARITIES LEGAL UPDATE
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£105+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £58.33+VAT per place)
Attendance at this course together with ‘Charities Update’ is offered to registered charities at a combined concessionary fee of £105+VAT (half the standard fee).
This updated and revised course will provide an overview of the most important legal developments in the course of the last 12 months, including practical advice flowing from those decisions. As far as time allows, these developments will be placed in the wider context of the general law, in particular in relation to trustees’ duties. It also summarises the key Commission guidance and consultation documents, as well as covering the most important legislative changes relevant to small and medium sized charities, with some reference to data protection. The course will include reference to all new cases reported and publications produced up to two weeks prior to the course, but will deal with most of the topics below.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Charities staff, trustees and their advisors.
- Definition of charity – most recent cases
- Ethics and compliance issues - tainted donations and where are we after Oxfam?
- Definition and summary of duties
- The role of the independant advisor
- Changes to automatic disqualification rules
- Directors and trustees - removal of residential address from register
Administration of the Charity
- Recent CC investigations
- New Guidance on complaints from Fundraising Regulator
- Relationship between charities and connected non-charitable companies
- Particular issues around academies
- Update on funding generally
Regulation of Charities
- GDPR - what have we learned and what is left to do?
- Other relevant legislation e.g. Payment Services Regulations
Employment Law for the Voluntary Sector
- New employment status cases, impact of changes to IR35 on voluntary sector
- New cases on sleep-ins and minimum wage, and on working time, including holiday pay
- Recent developments in unlawful discrimination including the Church in Pemberton, disability discrimination cases
- Redundancy and unfair dismissal update